Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HairQuest: Fekkai Nonchalant Piecing and Forming Wax Hair


    I am on a quest for the perfect hair accoutrement to help my short, piece-y hair get some texture. However, my quest has been long and hard. Trying at times and jubilant at others, this ongoing search for the perfect product continues. I have enemies on this quest- mainly the thickness of my hair, the porousness of my strands and a nasty cowlick that needs a serious attitude adjustment.

    So with gift card in hand, I opted to try Fekkai Nonchalant Piecing and Forming Wax Hair. It smelled nice, seemed slightly thicker and less likely to be devoured by my hair in minutes. It helped add some gloss to my tresses, without being overly greasy. It did add a little texture, but didn't have the strength to make it through the day.

    Yet I still kind of like it. Perhaps because it isn't really thick like Aquage or Twisted Taffy, the two heavy hitters always in my arsenal, and it adds a nice gloss. You can still run your fingers through it and add to it if you needed to switch up to a more dramatic look at night, without feeling like you need to wash it first.


    Ugh. HairQuest continues...

    I bought this item. It's ok. If you have thinner hair, hair that also needs shine and is porous, this might be ok for you.