Friday, June 12, 2009

Outlast Lipstain. Yeah or Nay?

    My friend Bridget can't stop raving about Cover Girl's Outlast Lipstain. She loves it. Not one to be on a first name basis with the ladies of Sephora, she is careful of how she spends her money on makeup. I can't blame her- there are so many choices and it quickly adds up. So if she loves Outlast, it must be pretty good. She proudly showed me all 7 that she carries in her purse when we went to the movies last week. This is not her normal behavior, so I had to check them out.



    I decided on Cinnamon Smile, mainly because it looks so darn glam in this photo of Leighton Meester at the MTV movie awards earlier this month. I know she wore that specific color because it was widely reported that Cover Girl makeup artist Molly R. used it on Leighton.

    (Side note: I don't like long wearing lipstick because they do the equivalent of "pilling" on me. Eww.)

    I carefully traced my lips and filled them in with this sweet tasting, dark cinnamon colored pen. This is a totally different type of lip color and doesn't feel like any other lip product I have ever tried. It didn't feel dry. It didn't feel like anything. That is ok, though, just different. I will say that Cover Girl did the old magazine trick that made me nuts in the 10th grade- not give you all of the details on how to get the look.

    Cinnamon Smile does not look anything like Ms. Meesters pout by itself. It requires a gloss with a little champagne or golden tint. When I added that, it looked REALLY, REALLY nice. It lasted for quite a bit longer than a lip pencil and gloss would, which is pretty good. I think I like it.

    My Outlast Lipshine pen stopped working two days later.

    I spoke to Cover Girl customer service about this and they said, "Sometimes that happens. Depending on how long the pen was on the shelf, it may dry out faster than expected." They offered to send me coupons for a new one, which was nice.

    Here's the thing. I liked it, it looked nice. But it didn't outlast anything else. I have never had a Dazzle Glass break on day three. When I told Bridget this happened, she said she didn't care. She loved the product and was ok with it's flaws. It was worth it to her. So I don't know. What do you think? Yeah or Nay?

    I tried it. It's up to you to decide.

    Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews