Friday, June 26, 2009

Rimmel Lash Maxxx - 3X Multiplying Effect?

    As I mentioned, I have super short eyelashes, although I am working on that as I type. (tune in to find out!). Rimmel's Lash Maxxx is even more eXtreme than Maybelline's Xtreme lip Plumping Gloss and has the extra X's to prove it! It claims to multiply your lashes to look three times...something. I am not sure if they are going for fuller or longer or thicker. Maybe curlier? They should specify with more than two lines of copy on their website.


    So with wacky claims and so many X's, why did I shell out $8 to try it? Because the brush is different from other traditional brushes. I'm not saying it's revolutionary or anything, but it is very different from the popular brushes in most mascara. (It sorta looks like the brush above, but a little different.) It is more like a soft plastic comb, with bristles only on one side. So picture a teeny toothbrush with only a row of combs and that is what makes the difference. I like to apply the mascara with the flat side of the brush and then comb it through with the brush side. For me, this helps coat the sides of the individual lashes.

    The upside? It seriously coats lashes, adding length and a little volume. It is really easy to coat your lower lashes perfectly, too. The downside? You really need to clean your brush or it will clump and make a huge mess the second time you use it. Also, it takes longer to apply, so if you usually put on mascara in a moving car, this isn't for you. However, if you need dramatic eyes and want to try something new, check it out. For daily use, my current favorite is still Rimmel's Glam Eyes.

    It's OK. Check it out if you want to try something new.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews