Monday, June 8, 2009

Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation

    Napoleon Perdis is one of those lines that I always see in stores, that I never hear of anywhere else. I haven't tried them before because they are fairly expensive and I am not sure why. Plus, the signage that accompanies the product always makes me wonder if it is one of the same brands they sell at Target. While I am not likely to buy $50 foundation from anywhere, I am really unlikely to buy it at Target. I digress.

    Here is what the Napoleon Perdis says of their foundation:

    “ Porcelain skin like a living doll” - Napoleon

    A lightweight, long wearing luxe liquid formula that combines the benefits of a self-setting foundation and powder in one. Designed for ample playtime before setting to a soft velvet finish that takes you from perfect to precious.

    I don't know about looking like a precious doll, but my skin did look nice and the coverage was decent. Although, my husband did ask why I had on so much makeup. However, he probably noticed because I usually finish off my face with a dusting of Bare Minerals Hydrating Mineral Veil, which offers up a slightly dewier coverage. China Doll did cover my dark circles and some of my freckles and looked pretty nice. I wouldn't say I looked as if I had perfect porcelain skin, but overall, it was nice. However, since $50 will only get you a teensy bit more than 1 fluid ounce, I think there are equally nice options elsewhere.

    I tested this item. I liked it. Let me know what you think!

    Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews